This is the first 2 and a half hours towards a recreation piece I am doing, where I am emulating a favorite illustrator of mine, Jason Chan. The exercise is so that I can understand some of the techniques he uses, and how he handles color. The piece is one he did for a Magic: The Gathering card titled "Steel of the Godhead". The image is copyrighted by him and Wizards of the Coast, and I am only using it as an educational tool, not to claim it as my own. "Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing." - Salvador Dali. I just hope the Chanman is more willing to take it as flattery, and not a chance to sue :D
EMULATE
Posted by MicahTheBrave Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 12/06/2008 03:02:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
December 7, 2008 at 3:32 AM
December 7, 2008 at 3:34 AM
I'M going to sue you... but not for this...
So far so good, brahski!
December 7, 2008 at 3:40 AM
I don't know why the above didn't show my correct profile... argh, curse the interwebs!
Post a Comment